Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fabulous Finds: Garage/Yard Sale

I went yard sale-ing with my mom again this weekend. Boy was it successful.

At the first place we found a wooden frame that was the perfect size for the Lowenbrau mirror that I had gotten a while back for about $2. The frame: $1. A nice piece of wall art for $3 isn't so bad.

I also found these lizard towel racks. I'm not sure what to do with them but for $2 they're not bad. I'm thinking my sister might like them, so maybe they will end up in her apartment. Then finally, we ended up at the mothership. This was seriously the best garage sale I've been at so far. We got so much stuff! A rocking chair for $20, adorable brown clay bowls for dips and tapas for 10 cents each, a fun margarita-like glass for salsa and guac for like 25 cents, and a whole huge set of china for only $10! I also got a pattern and some fabric to start doing embroidery. It was a cosmopolitan pattern hahaha. I went to Michaels for thread and a needles and have been doing it nightly so far. I actually really like it! Maybe this is a new hobby of mine?

Also in case you were wondering, the new job is going great. I really like the small, casual office environment and getting to know people. I am definitely a fan of that compared to a huge corporate place. And with new money comes new clothes...uhoh :)

Garage Sale Finds:
 
 little clay bowls for 10 cents

a gorgeous blue glass candle holder

we got this great old rocking chair for $20...just need to find a pillow for it now.

So, have you found anything great at a yard sale lately. If you're young and furnishing a new place, this is a great way to go, just be careful with anything fabric: stay away from pillows, blankets and upholstered furniture. Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What fabulous deals have you found lately? Thanks for your comments!