Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fabulous Finds

So a new job means money. Yes! But it also means a need for new clothes, because I need to dress semi-professionally at least. That means no more shopping in the juniors department and no more looking like I shopped in the juniors department. So what do I do? I head to Marshall's with my mom and we end up laying down a good $200 on stuff we just can't not get. Here's some of our favorite Marshall's finds as of late. (Have I mentioned yet that I love Marshall's?)

I got these great Kenar super dark sparkly demin (though not jeans just a really fine denim type of fabric)  pants for  $24.99 and the same fabric in a lovely Kenar pencil skirt for only $19.99. Serious about my new job: yes I am.
I also grabbed this great periwinkle blue viscose tank by Kenar for only $12.99! The wrapping across the waist is so flattering. The funniest part: my sister actually bought this top 2 weeks ago, now I got it too!
Yet another Kenar item. This I found on clearance for only $10! It's really fun. I love the ruffles and I can wear it to work.
Shoes! And this time they're sensible. I found these leather eyelet flats on the clearance wall for only $22! I love them. The bottoms are so squishy and soft, and the eyelet helps my foot breathe in the summer. Perfect work shoes, especially since the light brown can even work with black.
Those two thing: a dog collar for my kitten Lars, it was on clearance for $2. It's plastic so it won't start to fray like his current fabric collar. Then I bought a chocolate brown one piece with rouching across the belly. This will work great to get me more confident at the pool and work slowly to bikinis, plus I can wear it all summer long for swimming to workout after work. Only $19.99 and so flattering.
Those last three are my mom's finds. A great black Kenar top for only $12 on sale, perfect-for-summer pinstripe white, wide-leg Lauren by Ralph Lauren pants for only $39.99, and finally a fun, flowy snakeskin print Kenneth Cole blouse for $20 (originally $74!).
And last, but never least, my mom's shoe finds. The Sam Edelman snakeskin sandals were only $34.99 and look great. Casual, but with fabulous shine. Then, she needed higher shoes to go with the white, wide-leg pants, so she invested in some black leather Michael by Michael Kors cork platforms. They look perfect with the pants, and are the perfect height for women 40+.

I hope your hunts at Marshall's go as great as mine do. Search the racks for some Kenar items- they have amazing details that make them look way more expensive than they are. Also perfect for this summer: nautical strips, and the striped Ralph Lauren tees are perfect. Add to a skirt or shorts with white sneakers like Keds, and you're good to go.

Stay tuned, soon to be added: a guide to shopping at off-price retailers like Marshall's, T.J. Maxx, Home Goods and Loehmans. For you yet to be converted, trust me: when there is a will to find great deals, there is definitely a way.

(BTW: sitting here right now as my mom goes through her closet, and taking anything good she throws my way haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What fabulous deals have you found lately? Thanks for your comments!