Monday, May 10, 2010

Fabulous Finds

Everything is cheaper at Marshall's. Usually, it is also better.

I have been MIA for a little over a month now due to stress with the job search. But guess what?! I started my new job today! As a sales assistant at a local sales company that sells toys from manufacturers to stores. Yay!

So of course you all know what this means: I went shopping.

Below I'm going to show you my latest Marshall's finds, not only are they cheap but they are awesome for summer!

Let's start with my practical choice: a new khaki pencil skirt (only $19.99) from Kenar for my new job. Maybe I will wear it tomorrow? I have all black ones, but I like the khaki for summer, and it looks great with white or bright blues and pinks.

Next, my favorite: dresses. The first I found was this flower print bubble dress with a big bow on the bust. It looks great when paired with a rugged (or even studded) black leather belt and was only $19.99. The next one, at the same price, is a white, strapless dress that looks amazing with a colorful blue or green waist belt and platforms. Then we have a 70s-ish quarter-sleeved polka-dot-lace dress. It's great, and so slimming even though it's white, and the trapezoid-like cut of the collar is amazing. The only thing I need to fix: I have to shorten those elbow ties, they are WAY too long, but at $24.99 I'm fine with that. Throw this on with silver or gold sandals and you're all set.

Additionally I found these two pieces that are very beachy/hippie. The coral piece is probably a shirt, but it's long enough to be a dress on me, so I'm wearing it as that. At $12.99 it was one cheap "dress," I just have to watch when I bend over. The turquoise dress has amazing colorful stitched edges, and is great with flip flops to the beach or cork/wood wedges with fun jewelry for a night out. Another steal at $16.99.

Finally, we move on to the tops. This white, flowy jersey tank from Kenar is amazing. The beading makes it look much more expensive than the $19.99 I spent on it. The blue top is also great and cinches in at the waist to slim you down. It looks amazing with white and works great with a cardigan for work: only $14.99. Finally, the DKNY white cotton blouse was a great find. It's smocked at the bottom hem allowing it to billow out, perfect for a bloated day. And at only $24.99, it reminds me why I love Marshall's so much for all it's designer options.

My last find was not at Marshall's, but I found an awesome pair of white skinny jeans at New York & Company for about $24 on sale. They reach your ankle, so they look great rolled up or with ankle-strap heels for a night out.

I didn't do this shopping all at once of course, I have merely been to busy to update. Hopefully this summer I can share lots of great finds with you all. Let's hope summer comes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What fabulous deals have you found lately? Thanks for your comments!